1. General statement: Cyclists In Southwark is committed to ensuring that it provides equal opportunities to all in all its work. The group fully supports all the relevant legislation and considers that access for all is of key importance. We are committed to ensuring that equal opportunities are reflected in all our services, activities, policy and decisions.
2. Our commitment to opposing all types of discrimination must be evident in all aspects of our work. We will ensure that people providing services on our behalf actively support this policy.
3. Cyclists In Southwark aims to:
- encourage more people to cycle
- improve conditions for cyclists
- raise the profile of cycling
4. Policy aim: to ensure equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, class, employment status, ethnic or national origins, abilities, marital status, medical condition, race, religious beliefs, responsibilities for dependants, sex, sexual orientation or unrelated criminal convictions.
5. Policy statement: Cyclists In Southwark, through its work and activities, will not tolerate discrimination against others as defined above. Cyclists In Southwark recognises that such discrimination is prevalent throughout society and will work to counter that.
Cyclists In Southwark members and management committee fully support this policy. All members have a responsibility to comply with, and promote, this policy.
Cyclists In Southwark:
- openly welcome all
- aim to provide a volunteering environment in which all are equally valued
- recognise that this policy needs to be followed when planning or implementing anything
- will work to ensure that its membership reflects the wider community
- will work to ensure that its activities etc attract people from all parts of society and that no discrimination takes place
- recognise that equal opportunity issues change and evolve. Cyclists In Southwark will therefore adapt policies and actions as necessary.